Friday, July 24, 2009

Twilight. What's with it?

What's up with Twilight? Almost everyone is talking about it on the internet. They are even going to have a second part of it called New Moon. Now, allow me tell you what I think about it.

First thing first. When this movie was coming to the big screen, I was kind of curious about it. Well, I am into romantic + comedy + horror movies. But then a friend of a friend of mine watched it before I could, and said it was boring... So, I just give forget about it.

Months past by and I couldn't care less about it. However, the heat of Twilight is still alive and dominating the cyber world. You can find many quizzes concerning this human-vampire-teenage-love-affair movie in Facebook. Plus, Hollywood Access is making a pretty big coverage on it. Those vampires stars are getting famous and gathering fans. They keep on showing what's new about Twilight on the net... This is technically a sign that the movie is a big success, right? Even Dakota Fanning is going to star in the sequel. Now, I really have to start wondering on what is the real deal with Twilight? So...

I just watched it and...
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......

I am sorry to say that this movie is booooooring. (=.=!!!) It's just like watching those typical Taiwanese idol dramas (which I am not a big fan of)... lame, overrated and boring. What they do is just casting all the pretty faces with averge or none at all acting skills. Pardon me but I just don't enjoy or appreciate this kind of thing. I don't get it why Twilight is so famous? Do those fans really look at the movie, or they are just admiring the actors' good look? O.o Dissapointing...

I myself really admire Daniel Henney for his handsome Eurasian good look, but I also have to admit that he can still grow into a skillful, talented and truly successful actor with more chances and time. Plus, the most essential part for me in being a fan of certain actor or actress is watching their improvements and developments to become a legendary performer.

Anyway, anyhow, this is only my sincere personal opinion. Since Dakota Fanning will be in The Twilight Saga: New Moon, I keep a new hope and looking forward to how they are going to turn this movie to a more brilliant one. Please don't let it be the same lame one...

No comments: