Monday, July 27, 2009

The GazettE

hahaha... I am so excited. It has been a while since I last felt this way. I am talking about the kind of excitement I get whenever I found something damn good to obsessed about. wahahahahahaha..........

Introducing my new founds favourite JRock band, The GazettE.

sodahead.com

Other than the great rocking L'Arc~en~ciel and devilishly sexy beautiful Gackt, I am now falling head over heel for this rather new Visual Kei band. I won't go on blabbing about the facts and numbers. Here is the link if you want to learn more about The GazettE from Wikipedia. They don't seems to have their own website yet. Well, I guess it is just a matter of time.

the3dempire.cjb.net

I first heard about GazettE from a friend in my Friendster account. My first impression was, "Aaahh... another Visual Kei band. Heavy makeup and ridiculous clothings. Wonder if they can actually sing? Maybe just another pretty faces and overrated gimmicks." In case you are wondering, I fancy Gackt and not Malice Mizer. So, I didn't give The GazzettE another thought.

japanwallpaper.blogspot.com

Months later, I was talking to my Japanese Language sensei about Japanese singers and bands. She seems to like Gackt too, which is a good thing. Then, she suggested that I must have like GazettE as well if I love L'Arc~en~ciel. Therefore, today I thought it would be good to give GazettE a try. And now, I have to eat my own words. huhuhuhuhu~~~ They definitely can sing and produce rocking music.

blog.sanriotown.com

Let me just quote this from Wikipedia :
"The Gazette's musical style varies greatly, but it is generally thought of to be a form of Rock Music, also commonly dwelling into the genres of Heavy Metal and Alternative Metal. Songs like "Silly God Disco" feature a funk rock styled sound, while "SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATH VALLEY" features a hard rock styled sound, while songs like "Maggots", "Discharge" and "Headache Man" dwell into heavier forms of Music, in particular, Alternative Metal. The release of the new album DIM showed The GazettE producing a more Experimental sound than in older Albums, while retaining their Alternative Metal styled sound, shown in songs such as "OGRE". The Gazette also uses a wide range of synthesised sounds during their songs, mainly female voices, shown in songs such as "SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATH VALLEY" and "Filth in the Beauty". The Gazette has also produced a number of lighter rock songs, such as "Calm Envy" and "Cassis"."

bleachasylum.com

Cassis is the first Gazette's song that I listened to and I am immediately melted by it. Ruki's voice just blew me away. It is pretty much unexpected. Cassis sounds so sad and yet very clear. How to better describe my thoughts and feelings toward this song? Erm... It felt like I can understand every words and emotions of the song thanks to Ruki's capability in expressing and singing it. I had some mixed but good feelings about it.





I am trying to listen to their other songs as well and are also fond of like these two.








Burial Applicant, Ganges Ni Akai Bara, Gentle Lie, Filth In The Beauty and Circle Of Swindler from their "Stacked Rubbish" album sound good too. Sometimes, I can't help relating some of their sound to Gackt's or Laruku's or Hyde's. Other than that, this band is pretty new to me.

edohsama.blogspot.com

In my own humble opinion, L'Arc~en~ciel is an established successful great JRock band while The GazettE is an upcoming and rising talented new JRock band. I will keep my eye on The GazettE as well now. haha...

***update: I found their website.

No comments: